Friday, February 11, 2011

Eat, Sleep, Watch

It has been one whole month since I've blogged. Too long. Wayyyy too long. We have been extremely busy with peeps visiting us. So this is what I have been up to.

Last Sunday I dragged Mr Melbs to see 'Black Swan'.


I loved it. Mr Melbs thought it was 'stupid'. He thought he had travel sickness from the camera being 'too shaky'. It's probably motion sickness I thought, or Mr Melbs being fussy. Haha. Natalie looked like she needed a cupcake or two. Mila Kunis was amazing:


I never knew Ms Ryder was in it. I thought her barnet was a bit crap:


I have also been lurrving 'New Zealand's Next Top Model.' I do lose brain cells when watching it. But I love our Kiwi girls and wanting to 'be on top.' Oh yeah.



Weds night I was taken here for dinner:


The food was amazing. I was actually a total geek and asked for the menu during dinner as I wanted to know how everything was cooked and all the flavours used. One of my fave things was the mushrooms in a sherry vinegar. I was on a high.

Maybe I should apply to go on this:



I'm loving 'My Kitchen Rules.' The best couple are Bella and whasherface. They seem to be very cool cooks AND they scored a 10 for their Beetroot soup. Go girls.


There's a french chef on it who I love a little bit. Nom nom nom...

8 comments:

  1. Too funny. I love your posts. I have yet to see black swan but really want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to high school with a guy who looks identical to that French Chef! I am serious and for ages I was suspicious it was him putting on a French accent and faking his background. I kept on thinking that eventually one of my old school buddies will notify the press that it is him. Every time I see him I freak out as he is identical. Though he'd have to be a fab actor to pull off that great French accent. I could listen to it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be amazing if he wasn't french! He's a bit delish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Sophie, although we have had to wait a while for this post it was WORTH it... Too funny!!! And can't believe you went to Movida. You lucky chook!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaayaayayaa H made the tomato sorbet anchovies from Movida for Christmas... he tweaked the recipe a little and made them, in my opinion better. I often don't realize how lucky I am to have a partner who is a chef. Movida has a cookbook!! You could get that!!!

    Now I want to go back to Movida...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, didn't realise Movida had a cookbook! Exciting stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Movida! The food is great!

    I am slightly addicted to MKR as well. Tragic. It's so good! The new round of people seem really sneaky though - I think I like the fisrt round better.

    I liked the Black Swan but I knew Mr K would hate it (it's about ballet...) so I went by myself and I'm glad I did. He wouldn't have liked it and I was free to hide behind my popcorn whenever I needed to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love MKR. Thanks for the comment on my blog, hope you are well :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete