Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Brit of an amazing time with the bestie!

A busy busy few weeks in Regally Blonde land... I was so very very lucky to have my Brit beauty bestie over from the UK for two weeks :-) Isn't she a babe?


Living in Melbourne is just fab so obviously I needed to show the many sights this AMEZZIN part of Australia has to offer!

First up was Fed Square at the time of the AFL Grand Final (see post before this if you're looking at this blankly thinking WTF?):


We drank ALOT of this:


...and saw a lot of this:


YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!


Miss CL is THE biggest animal lover ever. She loves all things fuzzy, cute and colourful. A trip to the Melbs aquarium went down a treat:







All that sealife gave me an appetite for sushi:



I'm a loverrr of all things Melburnian, however tourists cannot deny themselves a visit to arguably Oz's most FAMOUS city- Sydney... The gorgeous harbour bridge and the Opera house:

Standard B&W pic:


We partied with all sorts at the Scary Canary bar:


It's amazing how much French I can speak when I've had a few wines.



And did a lot of these ones:


And drank more of this:


Back in Victoria I took Miss CL to Phillip Island FAMOUS for its lickle penguins. Cute:


Phillip Island has an awesome wildlife park where you make friends with kangas, wallabies, tasmanian devils and emus. I really don't like emus though. Cute kangas:

Had these ones too:


Feeding the wallabies:


Victoria also has some bewdiful wineries. Domain Chandon knew we were coming and so the sun came out...


...alongside a delish range of wines and antipasti. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! (Not quite as YUMMMMMM as the hot footy players but near enough)




Just LOVED having the bestie here to play. I felt like this when Miss CL had to go:


I had to stop Miss CL from doing this:


Tragic, I know. Please come back soon!! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Aaah, looks as if you had the most amazing time with her Miss S! Did anyone take your photo at Domain Chandon this time and say what a lovely looking couple you were?!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Not this time but Mr Melbs and I did have another picture taken at the same spot. It's on Facebook, it's def profile pic material! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. Makes me want to visit Melbourne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely time with your Brit Bestie!! Some lovely pics of you both.Cant wait to visit, please start planning our itinary, i want to go to all these places but please fit in some beach time and also a couple of days with Semi expat!!!! Love you loads XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun!

    You are making me jealous with memories of just how good Melbourne coffee is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    It was lovely to meet you last night - I mentioned you on my blog!

    http://carlyfindlay.blogspot.com/2010/10/maggie-alderson-book-launch.html

    I was wondering if you were the Sophie who commented on my blog recently, but did not want to seem silly. I recall reading your travel blog, and now have found this one, so I will continue to read it.

    Carly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos look great!!
    I am very scared of emus.
    they just seem like they want to attack.
    or come running and peck your head or your eyes out.
    they are scarrrrrry!!

    that octopus at the aquirium looks amazing!!
    what interesting creatures.
    maybe i should head down tot he aquarium one day.
    i feel bad for the penguins though.
    that area looks so small for emperor penguins?

    ReplyDelete