Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another day in the office...

My life has somewhat changed dramatically in the last few months due to the arrival of our little boy Oscar.


I must admit that those first two weeks were a blur. I didn't quite know if I was coming or going. The lack of sleep, a newborn and this sudden routine of nappy changing, feeding, burping, sterilising bottles (he hated the boob and I mean HATED) seemed just plain crazy.


It's week 10 now and we are having a whale of a time (not just because I can drink quite a few wines or the fact we've had  amazing weather which has been spent in many a beer garden...).


Oscar and I have been attending a cute baby massage class and a Mother & Baby group. To be honest I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of talking non-stop babies - what's his routine? Are you breastfeeding? How old is he? Is he a GOOD baby? (yeah course he is, he's mine haha). These questions were ones I was dreading... I did get asked them but the group wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. The ladies were lovely and it was reassuring to know I wasn't doing a terrible job- although they did gasp when I told them how much Oscar loves a shower with his Dad (but what if he slips?! Drops him?! Kills him?!)


The best part of my day is when Oscar joins me in bed (yes!) and lies on my tummy with his head buried under my chin. It is pure heaven :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment