Friday, August 20, 2010

Farming and Sheeping :-)

I'm not one for cow poo, killing hens or shoving my hand up various animals' orifices BUT there are things you do for looooooooovvveeeee :-). Last weekend I headed to Port Lincoln in South Australia to visit Mr Melbs' family farm for the first time... Enjoy the pics of my farming shenanigans people.

Here's Muma Melbs at the oh-so-cute farm house:
Mr Melbs' farm dog Ralf... A dog who loves the things I love- not smelling bottoms or humping legs... Sunbathing :-)
My favourite job of the weekend! Feeding the lambs their milk... Ridiculously cute. Shame they'll be on a plate in a few weeks.

A view of Mr Melbs' farm with very ravenous sheep...


Mr Melbs feeding the sheep... I love hot country boys. Grrrrrrrrrr.


The Ute used on the farm and my not-so-attractive backside:



Alpacas! They're used to scare off any foxes that might try and kill the lambs. Adore their faces, very amusing. Not so amusing when they hoick up a load of stomach phlegm and spit at you. NB: VERY good for using against ex boyfriends, biatches, bosses or any skanks you don't like.


Beautiful Port Lincoln. The large white building is not a castle of some sort or a beautifully constructed acropolis. It's a grain station for exportation. Booooooo.


Blown away by the view. Haha. I am so photogenic.


The afternoon of my flight back to Melbourne. I am very happy here because I'd just eaten carrot cake with butter icing. Scrum.

10 comments:

  1. Beatiful fotos. The dog looks much more behaved than mine. :)I love carrot cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Ansa... He is very well behaved and very adorable! Carrot cake is one of my faves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! That sheep is SOOOO cute!! Im in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you make me laugh ! Love your country pursuits Miss P - Mr Melbs is better than any of those 'Farmer wants a wife' contestants too! Cute little lambs and love the sunbathing dog... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading about your W/E as a country girl Soph, love the lambs!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Melbs is a hottie!!! Does he have any single friends, perhaps I shall catch a flight down there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Melbs IS a hottie Pink Lou Lou, his friends aren't too bad either! :-)

    The lambs were gorgeous Muma and AA, I wanted to take one back to Melbs... Glad you like the post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent been to port lincoln in agessssss
    last time I went there it was summer and my sister got a hook stuck in her foot on the beach ouchhhh :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummmm carrot cake is totally my FAV!!!

    ReplyDelete