Sunday, July 18, 2010

Run, Sophie, Run!

I am soooooooooooooo proud of myself! Currently I'm sitting here, muscles aching, butt caning and my feet are practically crying as I have just completed the 'Run Melbourne' 5K! The way I'm carrying on you may think I ran a marathon, but seriously the 5K was a marathon for meeeeee :-)

Here's The Fake-up Artist and me:

There are TWO reasons why I am an EXTRA pleased peeps:
A) I hadn't trained one bit for this... The Fake-Up Artist and Edward Lookalike entered me for the run about a month ago and I was like, 'yeah, yeah, might do it, might not etc' (didn't think the day would come around this quickly) AND last night I was at Mr Melbs' sister's house drinking Pinot and Muscat all evening- NOT on any training programs as far as I'm aware...

Secondly, B) I wore PLIMSOLES. I don't have any state-of-the-art-look-at-my-small-arse amazing trainers. I wore my plimsoles as I haven't bought any trainers out here yet.

Just to make sure, I checked and I was the ONLY person wearing plimsoles. Cute. You gotta LOVES them:


Looking like a special case on my bottom half (with my plimsoles) but a REAL runner on the top half, here I am with Mr Melbs' trustworthy I-am-a-total-pro water bag... (Which he calls a 'bladder' -gross):


My medal! YEAHHHHHHHH (AND I haven't won a medal since my majorette days- when I was a leotard-wearing-pre-pubescent baton twirler with skinny thighs, sigh...)


Edward lookalike and The Fake-up Artist pre 5K marathon:


The running bug has bitten me so prob going to do an 8K in September. Just call me Paula Radcliff. (Although I don't wee on the side of roads and I wear plimsoles.)

5 comments:

  1. You are sooooo funny Sophie, I Misssss YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Love the plimsoles!! Please go out and buy some trainers now you have a full time job as a teacher!! Well done to all 3 of you XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! The 5k is how the addiction hits many of us!
    Please do buy some running shoes for some good support, if you're going to do longer distances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave girl. I'm not into setting an alart to go running!! haha

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running shoes have been bought, never fear! In hindsight I was brave, on the day I did not feel brave whatsoever! Thank you for your comments :-) xx

    ReplyDelete